News & Information
We have opened our Bennington lobby for in-branch transactions and are following the Governor’s Phased Restart Work Safe Guidance.
During this phase we will be following the limited occupancy requirement and all members and visitors will be required to wear a mask or cloth face covering. The drive-up window is available for those who may not have a mask or are unable to wear a mask.
Protective measures are in place with Plexiglass shields at the stations to provide adequate separation, adequate social distancing markers and protocols for cleaning and sanitizing of furniture and fixtures.
Please stop in and we look forward to seeing you!!
Click on the link below for the most recent Video from Big Chair Chronicles with Linda Bow.
Visit the link below to watch the next video in the Big Chair Chronicle series --- Common Frauds and Scams
In observance of Labor Day, we will be closed Saturday September 5th to Monday September 7th, 2020.
We will reopen on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 9:00 AM
October 1, 2020
The Tri State Area Federal Credit Union Annual Meeting will be held on November 17, 2020. Due to the many restrictions on gatherings and social distancing, this formal annual meeting will not be open to the membership due to the current COVID-19 health concerns.
The Board of Directors, along with employees of the credit union, will hold the formal annual meeting at the TSAFCU office in Bennington on November 17, 2020. The Board members and credit union employees will fulfill the fifteen-member minimum quorum that the credit union bylaws require to conduct the annual meeting.
The annual meeting agenda includes the outline of items to be covered.
The following approach will facilitate the election process for the annual meeting as we work to adhere to state and federal protocols and safety requirements.
The normal Election of the Board of Directors process is as follows:
• The nominating committee consists of three current Board members who are not standing for re-election. It is required to nominate one member for each open board seat.
• We have two open board seats this election cycle.
• The nominating committee has nominated current board member Suzanne Anair to run for her open seat.
• The nominating committee will seek to nominate a member to run for the second open seat vacated by resigned board member Kristina Fauler.
• As required by the credit union’s by-laws, the Board chair will ask if there are any nominations from the floor three times during the annual meeting.
• If there are no nominations from the floor, then the Board chair will declare the election complete by acclamation and the two nominees will become board members.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, members who wish to nominate a credit union member from the floor must do the following:
1. You must send an email to me (James M Martinez – email@example.com), and
2. Another voting member must second the nomination by also emailing James M Martinez
If I receive any nominations and seconded nominations from voting members, I will reach out to the nominated member to verify they are a member in good standing and ask them to send me a bio of themselves to be included on an official election ballot.
A member in good standing is one that does not have any:
• Past due loans,
• Overdrawn deposit accounts, or
• Unpaid NSF fees
If we have members who meet all the criteria, we will send out an election survey to all members (either email or standard mail) with the two board nominated members and the self-nominated member(s). If we have no nominations from the floor, the board chair will declare the election complete by acclamation during the formal annual meeting to be held on November 17, 2020
Members have until 5:00 PM on October 19, 2020 to email me (or standard mail postmark) if they wish to nominate someone from the floor.
You can download a copy of our 2019 Annual Report from our website – www.tsafcu.com or stop into the Hoosick Falls or Bennington branch for a copy or call 518-686-4504 Hoosick Falls – 802-445-0161 Bennington and we will mail a copy to you.
Our ladderback chair represents a piece of Bennington’s history.
Based on an antique that had been in his family for generations, the original chair was built in 1969 by Kenneth C. Porter for William Haynes. At 2000 pounds and 19-foot 1 inch tall, it was at that time, the largest ladderback chair in the world.
The Big Chair has been rebuilt and relocated in the several years before it landed at its new home with Tri State Area Federal Credit Union in 2018.
Made, now, of 3000 pounds of cedar and white pine and 1000 feet of marine rope the chair continues to stand tall and proud.
History of the Big Chair